This is the most critical step because everything else builds on it.
Career Development Assessments
- View this short video that discusses the first part of the coaching model, Know Thyself.
- Complete the EdCareers Compass Exercise
- Participate in a reflective/introspective exercise to help you articulate your values and career goals (we suggest "Finding Your Own North Star" by Martha Beck).
- Complete the StrengthsQuest assessment to help you articulate your unique assets.
Explore the Landscape
Build industry knowledge via:
- Interactive workshops on networking, informational interviewing and more.
- General and industry-specific newsletters.
- Attend EdCareers Internship Fair and BEAM job Fairs.
Connect with the Players
Connect with individuals and organizations that intrigue you via:
Execute Your Game Plan
Manage the nuts and bolts of securing the right position. These resources can be found in the Document Library in the EdCareers Database.
- Cover letter
For a PDF version of this information click here.