Graduating Students: PhD/MA/STEP
If you expect to complete your degree requirements by the end of Spring quarter, remember to complete the following:
- Apply to Graduate on Axess by April 17, 2020
If you are expecting to complete your degree requirements at the end of Spring quarter, you will need to file an application to graduate via Axess by 5pm on April 17, 2020. If you encounter any difficulties in filing your application via Axess, please contact the Student Services Center.
Late Applications to Graduate: Applications received after April 17 and prior to the late application deadline of June 5 will be assessed a $50 fee. No applications to graduate will be accepted after the late deadline.
Diploma Distribution: Students are encouraged to pick the mailing option for diplomas. When you apply to graduate on Axess, you will be asked to indicate how you wish to receive your diploma: at the department ceremony, at the Student Services Center, or by mail. You may use Axess as often as necessary to update your diploma distribution options through June 5.
PhD Students - Complete GSE Diploma Ceremony survey by June 5, 2020
In order to participate in the GSE Diploma ceremony (which follows the Stanford-wide Commencement ceremony) and have your name printed in the program, please complete the GSE Diploma Ceremony survey by June 5, 2020 at 5pm PST.
- For information about ordering your cap, gown and hood go to Stanford's Commencement page. The deadline to order your cap and gown online is June 1, 2020. The cap and gown will be mailed to you with a return label.
You may also order graduation announcements using the same website.
Questions: Stanford Bookstore (650) 329-1217, ext. 8329
Additional Information for PhD Students
- If you've already defended and submitted your dissertation and would like to participate in the Stanford GSE ceremony, please complete the Stanford GSE survey by June 5 at 5pm PST.
- If you plan to defend and submit your dissertation by June 5, please complete the Stanford GSE survey by June 5 at 5pm PST.
- If you plan to defend by June 5 but will not submit your dissertation by June 5, you can participate in the graduation celebration as long as you have completed your dissertation defense by June 5. You should also submit the Stanford GSE survey by June 5 at 5pm PST. They are treated the same as graduates for the purposes of the Ceremony.
- If your dissertation title changes after you've submitted the Stanford GSE survey, please contact Kate McKinney.