Graduating Students: PhD/MA/MS/STEP
If you expect to complete your degree requirements by the end of Spring quarter, remember to complete the following:
- Apply to Graduate on Axess by April 9, 2021
If you are expecting to complete your degree requirements at the end of Spring quarter, you will need to file an application to graduate via Axess by 5pm on April 9, 2021. If you encounter any difficulties in filing your application via Axess, please contact the Student Services Center.
Late Applications to Graduate: Applications received after April 9 and prior to the late application deadline of May 28 will be assessed a $50 fee. No applications to graduate will be accepted after the late deadline.
Diploma Distribution: Students are encouraged to pick the mailing option for diplomas. When you apply to graduate on Axess, you will be asked to indicate how you wish to receive your diploma: at the department ceremony, at the Student Services Center, or by mail. You may use Axess as often as necessary to update your diploma distribution options through May 28.
PhD Students - Complete GSE Graduation Celebration survey by May 14, 2021
In order to participate in the GSE Graduation Celebration (which follows the Stanford-wide Commencement ceremony), please complete the survey by May 14, 2021 at 5pm PDT.
- For information about ordering your cap, gown and hood go to Stanford Bookstore page. The deadline to order your cap and gown online is May 17, 2021. The cap and gown will be mailed to you with a return label.
You may also order graduation announcements using the same website.
Questions: Stanford Bookstore (650) 329-1217, ext. 8329
- If you or your family members need disability access information and/or disability-related accommodations to participate in the GSE graduation celebration events and/or other Commencement Weekend related activities, please complete the following form.
Additional Information for PhD Students
- If you've already defended and submitted your dissertation and would like to participate in the Stanford GSE ceremony, please complete the Stanford GSE survey by May 14 at 5pm PDT.
- If you plan to defend and submit your dissertation by June 4, please complete the Stanford GSE survey by May 14 at 5pm PDT.
- If you plan to defend by June 4 but will not submit your dissertation by June 4, you can participate in the graduation celebration as long as you have completed your dissertation defense by June 4. You should also submit the Stanford GSE survey by May 14 at 5pm PDT. They are treated the same as graduates for the purposes of the Ceremony.
- If your dissertation title changes after you've submitted the Stanford GSE survey, please contact Kate McKinney.