SQL is a powerful tool for organizing, storing, and analyzing large sets of data in the education field. It allows researchers to extract insights and draw conclusions about educational trends and patterns, such as student performance, and communicate their research findings through reports or visualizations.
In this workshop you will learn the basics of SQL for data analysis. These skills include:
- how to use the SELECT statement to retrieve specific columns of data from a table
- how to use the COUNT function or the GROUP BY clause to calculate statistics for different groups
- how to use the JOIN clause to combine data from two or more tables based on common columns
The workshop will be anchored to 3 central questions:
- How does SQL help me analyze data?
- How can I share reports of the results of my data analysis?
- How do I connect data between multiple datasets?
The workshop will be held virtually on January 26th, 10- 11 AM.
RSVP HERE to get your calendar invitation.
We look forward to seeing you soon!