Golf Cart Training
The primary function of the GSE golf cart is to support GSE-IT, which has to haul equipment to all six buildings. However, it can also be used by other dean’s office groups who have the occasional need to transport materials. The cart should not be used as a mode of transportation for routine meetings/events; it is meant to be used for special occasions that require a lot of hauling. Please read the cart policies before reserving:
Cart Safety Training (online) is mandatory for everyone who drives a cart on campus. Please refer to the cart policies for instructions to access the safety training module.
The GSE provides basic office furniture (including desk chair, desk, and some storage, e.g. file cabinet). For office furniture upgrade requests, a consultation is required prior to office redesign. The facilities team works to provide sustainable and ergonomic furniture choices for GSE staff. Furniture and office space concerns should be submitted with enough lead time to the facilities team.
Stanford offers training and resources to keep you healthy and productive: https://uit.stanford.edu/service/workanywhere/ergo
Link to take the Ergonomic evaluation: https://ehs.stanford.edu/training/ehs-3400-ergonomics-computer-workstation
How to Order an Ergonomic Chair:
- Complete the ergonomic evaluation linked above
- Contact Laura McCarty for a list of available ergonomic chairs to choose from
- Once chair is picked out, Laura will place the custom-made chair (lead time is 2-4 weeks)
- Provide Laura with a copy of your ergonomic evaluation
- Environmental Health & Safety will provide a 50% refund of up to $300 on ergonomic chairs. (Refund will be credited on the PTA used to purchase the chair.)
Desired changes to your office space should be submitted to the facilities team. For policies regarding office space click here. Changes may include: hanging a picture; hanging or removing whiteboard; installing or removing shelving; moving boxes; etc. Changes need to follow GSE facilities procedure and protocol – please give enough advanced notice for any work orders.