COVID-19 Admissions Updates:
- Stanford GSE will accept applications for fall 2021 entry; please see the admission timeline here.
- The application for the 2021-2022 academic year is open; please start your application here.
- Due to conditions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the GSE will not require the GRE for admission for the 2021-2022 academic year. However, some (please see list below) GSE programs will provide the opportunity to submit GRE scores if you have taken the test and feel that your scores would enhance your application. Not submitting your GRE scores when your program of interest offers you the option to submit them does not affect your application negatively in any way. If your program indicates the GRE as optional and you wish to send scores, please follow the guidelines below.
- For applicants submitting optional GRE scores: We accept all scores that are still valid/reportable by ETS standards. If your scores are reportable you may send them electronically to Stanford University institution code 4704 (department code does not matter). Once you submit your application, your scores will be matched with your application. We cannot guarantee that official scores received after your program’s application deadline will be included in your application.
- PhD programs providing optional submission of GRE scores: Developmental and Psychological Sciences (DAPS); Economics of Education (SHIPS); Education Data Science (SHIPS); Educational Policy (SHIPS); Higher Education (SHIPS); International Comparative Education (SHIPS); Organizational Studies (SHIPS).
- Master's programs providing optional submission of GRE scores: Education Data Science (EDS); International Comparative Education/International Education Policy Analysis (ICE/IEPA), Policy, Organization, and Leadership Studies (POLS); Joint MA (POLS)/MPP.
- All other programs: GRE scores not required and will not be accepted.