Apply for 2022-23 enrollment
As you prepare your application, familiarize yourself with the admission process and timeline for your desired program below. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year.
PhD: Early December 2021
Master’s (including coterm): Early January 2022
KHS: Fall 2021
Decision letters released
PhD: Mid-February 2022
Master’s (including coterm): Early March 2022
April 15, 2022
Begin your program
June 2022: STEP MA program
September 2022: All other PhD and master’s programs
Explore graduate programs
The application for fall 2021 entry is closed. Use the link above to research our PhD and Master's programs for fall 2022 entry.
The following two degree programs did not accept applications for 2021-22 enrollment. Please check back in September 2021 for more information about the 2022-23 academic year:
- MA program in Curriculum Studies and Teacher Education (CTE)
- PhD program in Philosophy of Education (under the SHIPS academic area)
Announcements and updates
- Application closed: Stanford is no longer accepting PhD and master’s applications for fall 2021 entry; please see the admission timeline for 2022-2023 here.
- GRE requirement: Due to conditions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, the GSE did not require the GRE for admission for the 2021-2022 academic year. However, some GSE programs provided the opportunity to submit optional GRE scores. Learn more here.
- Contact us: Our recruitment season for the 2022-2023 academic year will resume in May 2021. Learn more here.