Apply for 2022-23 enrollment
As you prepare your application, familiarize yourself with the admission process and timeline for your desired program below. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year.
PhD: December 1, 2021 (11:59pm PST)
Master’s: January 7, 2022 (11:59pm PST)
Coterminal Master's: January 7, 2022 (11:59pm PST)
KHS: November 15, 2021 (11:59pm PST)
Decision letters released
PhD: Mid-February 2022
Master’s: Early March 2022
Coterminal Master's: Early March 2022
April 15, 2022 (11:59pm PST)
Begin your program
STEP MA program: June 20, 2022
All other PhD and Master’s programs: September 26, 2022
Explore graduate programs
The application for fall 2021 entry is closed. Use the link above to research our PhD and Master's programs for fall 2022 entry.
The following two degree programs will not accept applications for 2022-23 enrollment. Please check back in July 2022 for more information about the 2023-24 academic year:
- MA program in Curriculum Studies and Teacher Education (CTE)
- PhD program in Philosophy of Education (under the SHIPS academic area)
Announcements and updates
- Application closed: Stanford GSE is no longer accepting PhD and master’s applications for fall 2021 entry; please see the admission timeline for 2022-2023 here.
- Application guide: To view a copy of last year's application for reference, please see our Fall 2020 Application Guide here.
- GRE requirement: Due to conditions resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic, GSE will not require the GRE for admission for the 2022-2023 academic year. However, some GSE programs will provide the opportunity to submit optional GRE scores. Learn more here.
- Contact us: Our recruitment season for the 2022-2023 academic has resumed. Learn more here.