Room Scheduling Policies
Who Can Reserve GSE Rooms?
GSE faculty, staff, students, and programs can reserve GSE-controlled rooms for courses and events. GSE rooms are not available for outside groups.
Priority always goes to Dean-initiated events first, followed by classes, then Faculty, then all other GSE-related meetings/events.
Keys/Access/ID Card Policies
Please email John Baker for keys and access information to GSE buildings, if your event will take place before or after hours.
CERAS 101,108, 204, and 435 require ID Card access after hours.
EDUC 114 and 115 require ID Card access after hours.
Other GSE spaces require keys and access coordination after hours.
- Working hours: 8am-5pm
- After hours: All weekends, mornings, and evenings that do not fall within working hours.
- keypad locations: CERAS main doors, Education back door, Barnum side door (facing the Stanford Bookstore)
***There may be additional requirements for events scheduled after hours or on weekends. Please see information on Janitorial, Cleanup, and Damage.***
GSE IT and A/V Requests
If you require assistance from GSE IT for your event, please reach out directly to Laura McCarty to provide details.
Additional Tables/Furniture or Furniture Removal/Storage
If you require additional furniture in your space, please check the requirements on 25 Live, and place a request through Event Services. You are responsible for arranging for the removal and storage of any furniture; please check first with Laura McCarty.
Janitorial, Cleanup, and Damage
The event sponsor/coordinator is responsible for cleanup and removal of all decor and signage, personal items and meeting materials. Clean up of the room includes wiping down whiteboards, rearranging furniture to the original configuration, cleaning tabletops, removing trash that would more than half fill the trash cans, removing all food, etc.. Remember there are events and meetings after yours. We reserve the right to request and charge a PTA if there is incomplete cleanup or damage to the room (e.g., spills on the carpet).
- PTA is required
for ALL conference-style events and events serving food.
This holds the space for your event, and will not be charged unless the event space is left a mess.
- PSSI (compost/recycling/trash) is required
for ALL events serving food with over 20 people in attendance.
- BGM Work Order is required
for ALL events on the weekends (Fridays after 5pm, Saturdays, and Sundays) that involve food and drink.
- BGM Work Order is required
for ALL events after 5pm on weekdays that plan on having food with over 20 people in attendance.
* ALL ROOMS MUST BE RETURNED TO THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION (INCLUDING CHAIRS, TABLES, TRASH, BATHROOMS, ETC.) OR YOUR PTA WILL BE CHARGED.
Please contact us for more PSSI/BGM recommendations.
- Monica Rivas: Conference and large event scheduling; Stanford GSE calendar management.
- Rosa Alvarez: Meetings (recurring or one-time) and small gathering scheduling
- Laura McCarty: Facilities or IT needs/questions and conference consultations
- Tommy Liu: Course and course section scheduling and curriculum management
- Rachel Kelly: Office Manager at School of Ed. Please contact if teleconferencing phone needed in Cubberley.
- John Baker: Office Manager/Facilities Access at CERAS. Please contact if teleconferencing phones needed in CERAS.
Meeting and Event Spaces
The GSE uses 25Live for room scheduling for events, conferences, and meetings. GSE department-controlled spaces are reserved only for GSE faculty/students/staff/program affiliates.
For GSE classroom scheduling, please contact GSE Academic Services.
Have questions? Please refer to the contact list, above.